Bay Area Dental Implant: Putting the Smile Back on Your Face
Back in the day, an individual with chipped or missing teeth had no other choice but to live with their current dental structure. Ugly looking gaps in the teeth can be embarrassing; people used to cover up their mouths whenever they had to smile or laugh, to hide their embarrassment. However, thanks to the innovations in cosmetic dentistry, all of these issues have changed and you can get the smile you want with dental implants.
Cosmetic dentistry is a specialized branch of dentistry which encompasses all dental procedures and surgeries that are not necessary for oral health reasons. The main goal of cosmetic dentistry is to enhance the aesthetic appeal of one’s current dental condition with the use of filling methods and dental implants. This process is now available at South Bay through the expert dentists at Central Dental Group (CDG) Implants.
A Closer Look at the Dental Implant Method
The dental implant procedure is among the most innovative techniques developed in the field of cosmetic dentistry. This process involves the creation of an artificial tooth root designed to provide the right foundation for replacement teeth and bridges—which has the same appearance, feel, and function as that of natural teeth. However, the need for prosthetic teeth and the artificial root to be implanted depends on the person’s oral health condition. Factors to consider are the number of missing teeth, the quality of the bone, and the variety of the implant chosen.
For instance, when a person is missing a single tooth, their periodontist can replace it with one dental implant and a crown. However, for those with several teeth missing, implant supported bridges are used. This is especially true for those who have no natural teeth. A full, implant-supported bridge or denture can help them regain their smile.
In the case of insufficient quality of the jawbone, a process called sinus lift (also known as sinus augmentation, sinus graft) can correct this problem. The method involves raising the sinus floor and developing a stronger bone in order to support the base of the artificial root. With the latest advances in technology and procedures, many dental patients are now looking forward to having their dental implant done.
The Advantages of a South Bay Dental Implant
A dental implant by Central Dental Group offers many benefits; some of them are:
- Implants offer a similar look, feel and use like your own natural teeth.
- They help restore your youthful appearance, boosting your self-confidence.
- Implants give you new teeth without the need of adjusting healthy teeth alongside the procedure.
- As these implants are integrated into the structure of your jaw bone, your prosthetic teeth and dentures are rooted permanently, making them last longer.
- Dental implants carry the same strength—perhaps even better—than that of natural teeth. Most of these are made from titanium, offering stronger biting force.
- Implants, as opposed to removable dentures and bridges, do not slip or slide from the gums.
- They present freedom from the hissing and clicking sounds of dentures, as well as messy glues and pastes in the teeth.
See more of the advantages of having dental implants by browsing our site.