All-on-4 implant dentures are fixed implant dentures that are held in place with only four implants: Two axial anterior implants and two implants tilted up to 45 degrees in the posterior. The treatment concept is a cost-efficient, graftless solution that provides patients with a fixed full-arch prosthesis on the day of surgery.
Pros of All-on-4-Implant Dentures
- Immediate teeth and immediate function
- One surgery
- Less treatment time
- Minimal post-op discomfort
- Ideal esthetic outcome
- No bone grafting usually necessary
Cons of All-on-4 Implant Dentures
- Implants cannot be placed in the molar area where bite force is greatest.
- A single implant failing can cause problems of the whole jaw.
- Results may not be as good as traditional implants due to immediate loading.
- The artificial gum bridge may feel bulky in your mouth
Author: Dr. Chang
Date: August 2018