Orthodontic dentistry focuses on the treatment of malocclusions (improper bites) resulting from tooth irregularity, disproportionate jaw relationships, or general misalignment of existing teeth.
Crooked teeth or teeth that don’t meet together properly (occlude) can affect the appearance of your smile, your ability to chew effectively, and cause speech problems. Misaligned teeth can also increase the risk of sensitivity, tooth decay, gum disease and tooth loss. In more severe cases, misaligned jaws can potentially lead to jaw joint problems.
What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth make dental hygiene maintenance easier.
- Teeth that are crowded, protruded, or misaligned can result in excessive tooth wear and sensitive teeth; teeth and jaws that are well aligned can be stabilized to reduce undesirable shifting.
- Correcting harmful oral habits in children (i.e. thumb or finger sucking, tongue thrusting, and mouth breathing).
- An attractive smile enhances self-esteem and self-confidence.
Available orthodontic options
- Traditional metal-wired braces
- Clear braces (Invisalign®)
- Gold-plated stainless steel braces (for patients who are allergic to nickel or prefer gold colored braces over traditional silver colored braces)
- Lingual braces (bonded to the back of the teeth for patients who do not want their braces to be visible)
Here at Central Dental Group, we are experts in helping you correct your misaligned teeth and bite problems, and we enhance your smile in the process!
Contact us now for a consultation!